Tuesday 12 June 2012

Louisbourg to Charlottetown PEI


Day 8

Got up and the sun was shining no bears this morning so a relaxed break up of my campsite soaking up the sun not getting any quicker at this but when the sun is shining who cares. Leaving Nova Scotia and heading for Prince Edward Island and as usual Philly calculation on distances totally wrong so arrived in Charlottetown at 9.30 that evening in my defence there was an hour and half wait for the ferry and the ferry also took an hour and half so I would have been there in time for tea so calculations reasonable. Was cream crackered and did not fancy a night under canvas even though the sun had been shining all day and it was a lovely evening I think my love affair with me tent is over especially when you can get a bed plus breakfast in hostel for roughly the same price. So many thanks to lovely people of the VIC (Visitor Information Centre absolutely brilliant folks have been nothing but helpful and there’s is also free internet), had spotted there was a hostel on PEI Island so plugged the address into my GPS and as I said arrived at 9.30 at night. Went for walk as my head was bit woolly as it had been a long day on the bike and thought maybe I will stay 2 nights here as the place had a nice vibe to it but changed my mind when I was on the internet and I typed in Charlotte town to Fairbanks Alaska and got the following response
7,663 km and 93 hours eeeeeeek
That’s bleeding miles as I said these distances a blowing my poor little brain when I was looking at the map of the world I have on my wall at home it does not look that fare but in reality I may have bitten of more than I can chew so as per Oliver Twist I am reviewing the situation!  

No comments:

Post a Comment