Wednesday 13 June 2012

Charlottetown PEI to Fredericton


Day 9

Good night sleep and another beautiful sunny day could get used to this free brekkie pleasant chatting to the young backpackers so another slow start. Plan for today was to go to Cavendish to see Anne of Green Gables house/museum like said earlier I have paid for my discover Canada ticket and by Jove I am going to use it. Went for a walk around the grounds and then decided I better get a move on if I was going to get to Quebec City 850 clicks away in 2 days. Went over the confederation bridge after stopping and doing the mandatory photo shoot. And also went to the VIC to get my free map of News Brunswick my 3rd province/state or whatever they call them here. Had another pleasant chat with the helpful lady in charge and figured out the nicest slash efficient route to Quebec and first thing I did was take a wrong turn and went a completely different route than planned as my GPS decided it wanted to try something different.
Being seeing signs all over the place for lobster and I am not sure if I like it enough to shell out on getting one (see the pun) so to lower the threshold I have also seen McDonald's advertising a McLobster so for lunch decided give it a go and had a McLobster and Chips which was how you say different still not sure if I am a lobster fan or not yet.
The lady in the VIC described the route as tree rriffic and excusing the bad pun she was right as was another biker I met outside McDonald’s who gave me more interesting route to Fredericton than I originally intended so thanks for that and on the way I nearly killed Bambi! Was barrelling along the road under the speed limit of course and further up a dear runs out into the road no problem its quite away up the road and its seen me so its bound to get out the way nope it stops dead in its track and then tries to do u turn and head back in the same direction its just come from so was just like Bambi on the ice except it was tarmac and I was headed straight for it was able to wash of enough speed and to see Bambi disappear into the undergrowth. Note to self they are not kidding about animals wandering out into the road must moderate speed and be more careful. Half an hour later barrelling along at a fair rate of knots last scare of the day already well forgotten.
Saw 30 degree centigrade on my thermometer so took the lining out of jacket and pulled out me summer gloves last 20 minutes of journey started to rain but no problems as the rest of the day the weather had been great. So your asking is he camping tonight well the answer is nope found another hostel where I have a dorm all for myself with Internet so I am doing my finances eeeeeeek and updating this blog. Tomorrow is Quebec two nights there me thinks depends how quickly I get away in the morning as it nearly 600km so another long day in the saddle.
Was wondering around town and I saw a part that was cordon of so I asked what was going on and the answer was there was going to be a light show at 9 o clock so I came back expecting a full sound and light show projected on the building it turned that they had just put some lights on the building and the premier of New Brunswick did a speech a flicked a switch not what I was expecting but amusing to be part took a long time as they had to do everything in both French and English.

No comments:

Post a Comment